Join Our Team Today!
Job Posting: Office Administrator 2017 Season (1 season contract with possibility of extension)
Steveston Seabreeze Adventures is a small, and highly rated whale watching company operating out of Richmond, BC, in the small community of Steveston Village. We offer daily whale watching tours between April 1st and October 31st each year. In addition, we offer spring sea lion tours (April/May) and summer fishing charters (May-Sept). We are looking for an Office Administrator for the upcoming season of 2017. This job is a full-time seasonal position, which begins in early spring (April) and will conclude in Fall (October/November), 2017.
The position’s main roles include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and helping coordinating daily operations, including facilitating guest check-in for tours, processing payments, daily cash out, answering phones, booking tours, answering emails
- Assisting with various marketing endeavours; updating social media (Facebook/Twitter etc), attending
tradeshows/tourism showcases on behalf of the company, replying to Tripadvisor inquiries and reviews
- Assisting Payroll Manager with general daily and monthly bookkeeping duties (Sage Accounting Software used)
- Assisting payroll Manager with monthly and semi-monthly tasks (commissions, payroll, staff scheduling)
- Maintaining organized tracking of receipts for office expenditures with Payroll Manager, doing weekly inventory checks, maintaining stock
- Reporting to the Owners/Manager(s) to assist with additional tasks as needed
It would be ideal if candidates have experience in the Tourism/Hospitality industry, in particular in previous supervisory/managerial positions. The successful candidate will be personable, be able to work unsupervised and in groups, be self-motivated, work well in high energy sometimes very fast paced environments and be able to multi task.
It is preferred that the candidate has:
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in the Tourism/Ecotourism/Hospitality fields
- Ideally a year (minimum) of experience in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry;
- A year (minimum) guest service/sales experience;
- Experience with Word and Excel programs;
- Written/Verbal English skills; additional languages a bonus
- Experience with various social media platforms;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, patience, and ability to multi task in a fast-paced (especially during peak summer season!) environment
It is preferred that the candidate has experience listed above BUT on the job training will be provided for the right candidate!
Please send resume and cover letter by email no later than: March 1st, 2017
Phone: 604-272-7200 (Please note that since it is the off-season we are not in the office regularly so the best method of contact is by email)
Short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in March.
Job Posting – 60 Ton Captain 2017 Whale Watching Season
Steveston Seabreeze Adventures is hiring a 60-ton Captain experienced in local waters
with experience or strong interest in the eco tourism and marine wildlife viewing
We are a busy locally owned whale watching company that offers daily, weather
dependent tours from April 1st to October 31st. Work is typically flexible and part time in
Spring and Fall, with full time hours available during peak season in summer. Flexibility
is a must, as well as a friendly disposition, a respect and passion for our coast and its
marine inhabitants, and most importantly a dedication to safety.
Candidates will require the following:
-minimum 60 Ton Captain’s ticket
-associated radio operators certificate, marine emergency duties certificate, marine first
aid and unrestricted SVMO.
Preferably applicants will have experience in the whale watching or marine tourism
industry since and a strong respect for the environment. Introducing guests to the
natural beauty of our coast in a responsible manner while following all marine wildlife
viewing guidelines, and giving them a safe and enjoyable time on the water is what we
are all about. Because you will be working with a close knit staff and guests from all
over the world daily, people skills are a must.
Interested applicants are invited to send us their resume and cover letter by email to
email@example.com by March 1st. Those selected for interviews will be